AFM Gas was the number 1 National Contractor – Independantly audited by Morgan & Lambert – July 2015
For August 2015 we attained 100% compliance on LGSRs across all of Impact Housing’s properties.
Landlords are legally responsible for the safety of their tenants. Landlords should make sure maintenance and annual safety checks on gas appliances are carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer. By law landlords must make sure:
- pipe-work, appliances and flues provided for tenants are maintained in a safe condition
- that all appliances and flues that they provide for tenants use have an annual safety check
- that maintenance and annual safety checks are carried out by an engineer registered with Gas Safe Register
- all gas equipment (including any appliance left by a previous tenant) is safe or otherwise removed before re-letting
- a gas safety record is provided to the tenant within 28 days of completing the check or to any new tenant before they move in
- they keep a copy of the gas safety record for two years
To ensure that 100% compliance, 100% of the time, our services include:
- Ensuring gas fittings and flues are maintained in a safe condition.
- Ensuring an Annual Safety Check is carried out on each gas appliance/flue.
- Having all installation, maintenance and safety checks carried out by a Gas Safe registered gas installer.
- Keeping record of each safety check for the last two years.
- Issuing a copy of the safety check record to each existing Resident within 28 days of the check being completed, or to any new Resident before they move in (in certain cases there is an option to display the record).
AFM Gas Services is dedicated to offering Housing Associations and Local Councils a high-quality service at the lowest cost and our approach for achieving this includes:
- We have over 13 years’ experience in successfully delivering Gas Servicing, installation, maintenance and repairs.
- We typically attain Resident Satisfaction levels in excess of 98%.
- We working in partnership with Housing Associations, Local Authorities and Residents to accommodate their expectations and continuously develop the service we provide.
- We initiate, organise and attend open customer meetings. At these meetings, Residents are invited to come along and share their views on the quality of works.
- We carry out training for Residents on products we have installed or are proposing to install, in their homes. Early Resident involvement is encouraged as this early engagement with Residents helps us identify issues with quality and value facing all parties that could prevent smooth progress, and upset customer satisfaction.
- We strive to reduce costs through value based working and the development of technology.
- We deliver an accountable service with real-time, KPI performance reporting – AFM Gas Services has a strong ethos to delivering excellence in all that we do. We have invested in IT systems that continuously measure and monitor our performance on a real-time basis to ensure that we achieve our goals…and then progress them further.
We benchmark our KPIs and Customer Care standards against other service providers to ensure that we are leading the way in raising the bar.
- We continuously enhance our service – We review the feedback that we receive Clients, residents, Centre Managers, and staff as well as by evaluating new service innovations.
- We facilitate a community spirit – We offer apprenticeships, work placements and a are committed to supporting the local community.
- High Tech IT systems – Our Smartphone PDA devices and satellite tracking of work vehicles is helping to place engineers in the right locations increasing the number of visits per engineer and reducing transport costs and remote working.